Corporate social responsibility
Giving back to our local communities and ensuring our environmental impact is kept to a minimum are among Cherkizovo Group’s key priorities.
Health, Safety and Environment
We comply with environmental legislation and biological and veterinary security requirements in our poultry and pork production operations, which include:
- Comfort — comfortable conditions promote the healthy development of poultry and pigs. We maintain optimum conditions for all livestock by controlling air temperature and circulation, lighting and humidity.
- Traceability — we control all production stages, from feed production to breeding, processing and sales, to ensure the high quality of our products.
- Balanced feeding — we produce our own feed according to special formulas with a balanced content of proteins, micro-elements, vitamins, and amino acids to make them an optimum energy source for all livestock.
- Specialisation and separation of facilities by territory — we carry out all production stages at individual sites separated by at least a five kilometre sanitary protection zone. Separating production sites helps prevent the spread of disease between different generations of animals and between breeding and production stock. We also take prevailing winds into consideration when choosing locations for production facilities.
- Full/empty — each production site has animals of the same generation only. The sites are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between production processes.
- Preventive measures — we strictly monitor production processes at our facilities to ensure they comply with the highest international standards. We take a series of measures to keep our production sites safe and separate different animal stocks to prevent the spread of disease. These measures include:
- Strictly controlling access to production sites
- Limiting the number of visitors, including foreign delegations
- Prohibiting staff from moving between sites
- Maintaining effective operation of all veterinary and sanitary stations
- Providing staff with work boots and clothing
- Using disposable packaging for deliveries
- Prohibiting staff from visiting countries where poultry and swine diseases are common
- Regularly destroying potential disease carriers
- Regularly testing blood samples from pigs and chickens
- Clinical examination and veterinary care of all stock
- Applicable vaccinations.
- Environmental protection — we monitor effluent discharges, air pollution, and energy consumption at all our facilities.